NYSOWA Membership Requirements & Benefits
Active Member: Any person meeting NYSOWA’s minimum professional standards who receives compensation for the preparation and publication of information pertaining to related outdoor recreational activities.
Associate Member: Any person who meets 50% of the active membership requirements.
Active & Associate Membership Benefits :
- Receive quarterly newsletter
- Ability to have important listings posted on the NYSOWA web site
- Receive annual Membership Directory listing each member’s address, credits, affiliation, publications and specialties. Also includes supporting membership listings
- Opportunity to attend NYSOWA’s semi-annual meetings
- Participation in annual writing and photography contests
- Personal contacts with company representatives for outdoor products and services
- Craft improvement workshops at semi-annual meetings
- Opportunity to meet, exchange views and network with other professionals
- Develop marketing opportunities
Supporting Member: Any organization, association, or commercial endeavor which has a common interest with the New York State Outdoor Writers Association, Inc., and desires to participate in the achievement of such purposes.
Supporting Membership Benefits:
- Listing in annual Membership Directory
- Use of Membership Directory for direct mailing lists
- Receive quarterly Newsletter
- Opportunity to contribute to newsletters
- Opportunity to meet and work with active writers
- Opportunity to exchange views and to promote common organizational values
- Opportunity to conduct seminars and display products at semi-annual meetings
- Have timely press releases posted on the NYSOWA web site
Interested in Joining? Download membership application/ renewal form:
Or write to the Membership Secretary: John Gereau, 5880 State Rte. 9N, Westport, NY 12993 for an information packet and membership application.